SOPHIE MARCH & CO
THE ORDER RESTORERS TERMS & CONDITIONS
This letter describes the terms on which Sophie March & Co – The Order Restorers – 17 Worple Street, London SW14 8HE would be happy to help you restore order to your life.
Best Advice. Our advice is given in good faith and it is always your decision to accept guidance on whether or not to keep particular possessions. We cannot therefore accept responsibility for the consequences of such decisions. From time to time, we handle items which have a potentially high market value. While we will always use our best endeavours to identify such items amongst your possessions, you acknowledge that we are not valuers, nor do we have expertise to identify works of art or items of special value or rarity, nor are we qualified to advise on valuation matters for insurance purposes.
Handling goods. When we handle goods belonging to customers we take great care to look after them. Unfortunately, accidents may occur. We shall not be liable for losses or damage, howsoever caused, and rely on you to carry insurance at all times which adequately compensates you for losses or damage howsoever caused by us in our capacity as your agent. In cases where we work in conjunction with a removal company employed by you, its standard insurance cover may fail to provide cover when goods have been packed by customers or their agents, such as ourselves. If the cover you obtain does not permit us to pack or unpack the goods ourselves, but only to supervise such actions undertaken by the removal men, then you will inform us accordingly.
Removal of Items. We are happy to make suggestions about the disposal of unnecessary or unwanted items, and clutter in general, and to sort through such material with you. We can arrange for its removal and disposal, or for its delivery where appropriate to auction houses or other potential agents or buyers, at a charge to be agreed between us.
Access. If you engage us to work at a particular location and access is restricted, we reserve the right to charge for the lost time and our expenses.
Arrangement of services. Certain services which we perform on your behalf may include the arrangement of services to be carried out for you by a supplier. We shall always use our best endeavours to ensure that any supplier who we may recommend to you is suitably qualified and competent for the job. However we shall not be liable if any such supplier’s performance falls below an acceptable standard, nor for any loss or damage caused by any such supplier, its employees or agents. Suppliers’ charges are always payable by you, unless we have agreed otherwise in writing.
1. Our charges for our services will be levied at the agreed price following a consultation or telephone conversation. Fifty percent of our service and the whole of our travel charges are payable in advance and the balance is payable within 7 days of completion. All payments should be made by in cash, or by cheque made payable to Sophie March & Co. Our bank details are available on request for BACs payments.
2. Travel charges are made up of the actual ticket cost of travel or 45p per mile by car, and a charge made for our time taken to travel. Travel time is chargeable at 1/3 our working rate per hour.
3. Some jobs lasting longer than a day may involve further expenses in addition to our service charges and travel charges. Such further expenses will not be incurred without the prior approval of the customer. Examples of such further expenses include but are not limited to accommodation and subsistence. Payment of these further expenses will be requested in full before commencement of any work.
4. Payment of all our charges shall be payable on invoice. Interest at 2% per month will be charged on any balance due which remains unpaid 30 days after invoice.
5. We reserve the right to request further interim payments above the initial 50% advance payment for services, particularly for jobs which take longer to complete than expected due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, or in cases where the original brief has been expanded at your request and a new price for the job has therefore been negotiated.
Cancellation. Both we and the customer have the right to cancel the contract due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of cancellation by the customer, the 50% advance payment for services is not refundable on cancellation notice received by us later than 48 hours before the agreed start time. Travel charges or further expenses paid in advance for which we cannot obtain refunds are not refundable in any circumstances. We will invoice you in addition for any costs or charges which we have incurred at your request prior to the cancellation. In the event of cancellation by us, we will refund all monies received less charges and expenses incurred prior to such cancellation. Outstanding invoices must be paid within 7 days of the cancellation date.
Confidentiality and Privacy. Sophie March & Co, The Order Restorers, is a professional service. We never divulge client information to third parties
Please indicate your acceptance of these terms by signing and returning the enclosed copy of this letter. We look forward to a happy and productive relationship.
Owner of Sophie March & Co
Accepted and Agreed to